Apply for The SAFE Mentoring Program!!
(You must be logged into your uncc email to access the application)
SAFE Voyage Pre-orientation Program application deadline has passed.
The SAFE (Academic Year Progrm) Application is now open and will close on September 7th.
Before you apply for the safe program, be prepared to provide the following the information:
- Your UNC Charlotte credentials (email login)
- Answers to 3 Reflection Questions:
- Introduce yourself, who are you?
- As you look forward to your first year, what are you excited about and what are you anxious about?
- What are you looking for in a mentor/mentee relationship?
2020 SAFE Voyage:
- Voyage will start the week the week before classes begin. *Tentatively August 31st - September 4th*
- Applications will be reviewed on a reoccurring basis throughout the summer.
- If selected you will be emailed a registration link for Voyage to your uncc email account.
- SAFE Voyage Move-in (You will receive more information from SAFE & Housing and Residence Life with move-in instructions).
- SAFE Voyage costs $140. The fee includes: (all meals for the week and SAFE swag).
Things to Know About SAFE & SAFE VOYAGE:
- You are required to come to all activities so it is imperative that you be willing to be open to meeting new friends.
- We encourage you to participate in group activities, daily.
- Time management is important so please try to be on time for program activities.
- Communicate your needs to your SAFE Counselor or the program staff.
- You must adhere to the UNC Charlotte Student Code of Conduct at all times
- This is a year long program that does not end at SAFE Voyage
- We will host programs, holiday functions and yearlong raffle activities for participants
- You may utilize office services; such as computers, free printing, professional staff support, etc.
- You will receive a secondary academic advisor
- MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH US!!!
For those who aren't able to attend safe voyage:
We will still be able to provide you with a mentor for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications for the Mentor Only (Academic Year) will open in July.
- If you'd simply like a mentor for the year without attending SAFE Voyage, there is no charge for signing up for a mentor.
- You will apply for the SAFE Mentor Program starting in July.
- You will move on to campus during your regularly assigned date and time issued by university housing (you will not be granted early access to your housing assignment).
- You will be paired with a mentor at our new mentee welcome reception held during the first week of classes.
- Your mentor will remain with you throughout your first year.
- You will receive secondary academic advising.
- You may participate in fun programs, academic workshops that are free of charge.
- As the University responds to federal and state regulations regarding the Fall Semester, our SAFE plan remains tentative. All students will still gain a mentor and Voyage will still happen even if held in a virtual format. We are planning for all alternatives and will communicate those once we have further guidance from the university.