Register for The SAFE Mentoring/transition Program!!
SAFE Voyage Pre-orientation Program registration dates: May 1, 2018- July 12, 2018
Before you register for the SAFE Program, please have access to the following information:
- Your UNC Charlotte NinerNet Login credentials (same as UNCC email login and password)
- Your student ID# (begins with 800 and is not your UNC Charlotte email address).
- Your date of birth
- A valid credit/debit card
SAFE Voyage Pre-orientation Program Dates, August 13-18, 2017 (Applications open may 1, 2018)
- Once you apply, begining May 1, 2018 you will recieve a confirmation notice from the program.
- SAFE Voyage Move-in kicks off at Monday August 13, 2018 at 3:00pm at your assigned residence hall (Please see email from Housing and Residence Life with move-in instructions)
- SAFE Voyage registration kicks off in the student Union with a Student and Family Welcome Reception on Monday, August 13th at 6:00 PM
Program cost: $125
This fee includes:
- all meals for the week,
- a SAFE T-Shirt,
- A Program Waterbottle,
- Movie Night Snacks,
- A Bowling Trip
- & A Light Rail Tour Into The City of Charlotte
- Participating in SAFE Voyage will allow you to move into your Fall 2018 room assignment starting Monday August 13, 2018 at 3:00 PM (until 6:00pm). SAFE Counselors will be present to provide instructions on move-in.
Things to know about safe and safe Voyage:
- ANYONE MAY APPLY!
- Each year the program accepts a total of 250 students. Spaces are limited so apply today!
- Registration and check in for SAFE Voyage starts at 6:00 pm in The Student Union.
- Parents and students will be able to head back to residence halls after the Student and Family Welcome Reception.
- Breakfast lunch and dinner will be provided daily.
- You are required to come to all activities so it is imparitive that you be willing to be open to meeting new friends.
- We encourage you to participate in group activities, daily.
- Time management is important so please try to be on time for program activities.
- Communicate your needs to your SAFE Counselor or the program staff.
- You must adhere to the UNC Charlotte Student Code of Conduct at all times
- This is a year long program that does not end at SAFE Voyage
- We will host programs, holiday functions and yearlong raffle activities for participants
- You may utilize office services; such as computers, free printing, professional staff support, etc.
- You will recieve a secondary academic advisor
- MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH US!!!
for those who aren't able to attend safe voyage, august 13-18, 2018:
We may still be able to provide you with a mentor for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- SAFE will usually have a few mentors who may be able to take on new mentees
- If you'd simply like a mentor for the year without attending SAFE Voyage, there is no charge for signing up for a mentor.
- You will move on to campus during your regularly assigned date and time issued by university housing (you will not be granted early access to your housing assignment).
- You will be paired with a mentor on August 23, 2018 at our new mentee welcome reception which will take place in the Cone Center inside the Afterhours Cafe.
- Your mentor will remain with you through out your first year.
- You will recieve secondary academic advising.
- You may participate in fun programs, academic workshops that are free of charge.
Questions? Contact us at 704.687.0341 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
upper classmen: apply to be a safe counselor!!!
SAFE Counselors are Peer Mentors who help First Year students successfully transition from their High School experience to life here in NINER NATION! As a mentor you will champion academic success, social netoworking opportunities and help guide each first year student assigned to you
APPLICATIONS DUE FEBRUARY 2, 2018 BY 5:00PM
In order to become a SAFE Counselor you must:
- Submit an application by clicking the link below
- Maintain a 2.5 Grade Point Average or better
- Have an outstanding student conduct history/be of good moral character
- Submit 2 personal references from faculty, staff, a peer mentor, or other members of the community who can attest to your personal character
- Be considered a Sophomore or of a higher upperclassmen designation during your term of service.
- First Year applicants must have completed at least 12 Credit hours before applying
- Remain active with the SAFE program
- Be involved in clubs or activities
- Be available for Spring orientation on April 19, 2018
- Be availaible for Training August 8-12, 2018
- Be Available for SAFE Voyage Pre-Orentation Experience August 13-17, 2018 & Agust 20, 2018
- Be involved in campus clubs, activities,
- successfully complete the interview process.
THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
JOIN OUR TEAM!!!