apply to be a safe counselor!!!
SAFE Counselors are Peer Mentors who help First Year students successfully transition from their High School experience to life here in NINER NATION! As a mentor you will champion academic success, social networking opportunities and help guide each first year student assigned to you.
In order to become a SAFE Counselor you must:
- Submit an application by clicking the link below
- Maintain a 2.5 Grade Point Average or better
- Have an outstanding student conduct history/be of good moral character
- Submit 2 personal references from faculty, staff, a peer mentor, or other members of the community who can attest to your personal character
- Be considered a Sophomore or of a higher upperclassmen designation during your term of service.
- First Year applicants must have completed at least 12 Credit hours before applying
- Remain active with the SAFE program
- Be involved in clubs or activities
- Be available for Spring orientation on April 18, 2019
- Be availaible for Training August 2019
- Be available for SAFE Voyage Pre-Orentation Experience August 2019
- Be involved in campus clubs and activities