SAFE Voyage is a pre-orientation program for students participating in SAFE. If you participate in the SAFE Voyage experience, you check into your residence hall one week before classes begin, learn to navigate UNC Charlotte’s campus, network with students and faculty, and be introduced to the many student organizations and departments. Your participation in SAFE Voyage automatically enrolls you in the SAFE Program. SAFE Voyage participants are matched with upper-class students who serve, not only as a mentor, but as a confidant, and friend. The SAFE Program is one of the best retention tools at UNC Charlotte.
Benefits of SAFE Voyage:
- Get a head start on your college transition!
- Network with other students, faculty and staff.
- Attend workshops geared toward your academic success and personal development
- Connect with a trained SAFE Counselors who will serve as mentors throughout your first year.
- Early move-in! Move into your assigned residence hall room before the rush!
The SAFE Program aims to match students with an upperclassmen mentor based on their college and or major. These are some of the following majors that are represented among this year's staff:
- Political Science
- Business Administration
- Communication Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Pre-Elementary Education
- University College (Undecided)
- Public Health
- Business Management
- Software and Information Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
Students majoring or planning to major in Engineering please visit the MAPS website to learn more about mentoring opportunities and additional student support for students in the Lee College of Engineering.